A family assessment takes place at Sidley House. Initially with parent or guardian in our Share & Care Room. Following the initial assessment, we may invite your child or children to come along and meet with us in our dedicated children’s area.
The purpose of the family assessment is to:
- Offer you a safe environment to share your experiences
- Build trust with you and your family
- Understand more about the person who has died and how the death has affected the family
- Find out what is your child/children’s knowledge and understanding of the death
- Gather information to ensure we are the right service for your family
- Agree on support types to meet your family’s individual needs